Hello Groupe de Bruges,
I recently completed the CAP pro course with great interest and now have a
few budget-related questions. Hopefully you could offer me some help with these...
Attached is a screenshot from the Draft
amending budget 2/2015. I'm trying to make sense of it, but can't place
some of the entries and would be very grateful for some guidance.
- I presume the 57,6 billion EUR under Title 05 is the full budget of what we colloquially call the CAP?
- Are there other agriculture-related expenses in the EU budget outside Title 05? For instance promotion measures; are they within this budget or they fall outside?
- Title 0503 represents the full direct payments section and nothing else? I assume the money for the crisis reserve fund is part of the figure?
- Titles 0507 and 0508 - 'audit of expenditures' & 'policy strategy coordination' - what are these activities and who carries them out? Are these basically also EU staff costs similar to Title 0501 - 'administrative expenses'?
- Title 0502 - 'improving competitiveness of agricultural sector through market intervention' - what is this? Is it the full budget for the CMO?
- Title 0506 'international aspects' - what kinds of activities are these?
Finally a more general question: the EU seems to be moving towards a freer market in agriculture. At the same time, it appears quite some money is set aside to cushion the effects of market liberalization and boost producers' ability to better compete on the international plain. Any move towards liberalization seems to be accompanied by calls for money to protect against bad times. Do you know of any studies that have quantified the finances that can be directly linked to measures to boost exports and protect against internationally induced crises?Many thanks for feedback!